I just stumbled across this list of 40 Belief Shaking Remarks by Friedrich Nietzsche, and I want to post my favourite ones. I still haven’t read any of Nietzsche’s books, and I really should, because I think I love his mind…
- A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
- Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
- We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the way in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.
- He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted.
- The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
- Morality is but the herd-instinct in the individual.
- The most common lie is that which one tells himself; lying to others is relatively an exception.
- God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight.
- A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.
- What is the mark of liberation? No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.
Hmmmmmmm…..Â Â 🙂